You don’t have to live in the city to enjoy whitewater rafting near Denver or any of the city’s other popular attractions. Winter Park is one of the best mountain towns near Denver because of its easy access to all the best things to do in and around the city. Ready to experience Colorado’s outdoors like never before? Then it’s time to jump into an epic whitewater rafting adventure near Denver!
If you’re reeling for more of Colorado’s world-class adventures to get your blood pumping, like whitewater rafting in Denver, make sure you read our Summer Activities Guide with all the local activities you need to check out in Winter Park!
Top 5 Companies That Offer Whitewater Rafting Near Denver
1. MAD Adventures
Located in Winter Park, MAD Adventures offers exciting whitewater rafting trips on both Clear Water Creek (just west of Denver Rafting near Idaho Springs) and the Colorado River. Whether you’re a novice or expert, there’s a MAD rafting trip for you! Half-day, full-day, and overnight trips are available.
2. Raft Masters
The staff at Raft Masters is ready to take you on a world-class whitewater rafting adventure at a very competitive price. Wetsuits, river boots, and paddle jackets are all included at no additional cost! Start planning your full or multi-day trip to Clear Creek or the Arkansas River, nationally known for its whitewater rapids!
3. AVA Colorado Rafting
AVA (Arkansas Valley Adventures) Colorado Rafting is a go-to for all skill levels when it comes to whitewater rafting near Denver, making them a perfect choice for a fun family outing! Adrenaline junkies will love the extremely fun (and challenging) Class V River rafting trip. Don’t miss out on the opportunity for more family-fun adventures while you’re in Colorado, like horseback riding, zip-lining, and rock climbing!
4. Clear Creek Rafting Company
Clear Creek Rafting Company is the area’s original, largest, and most experienced rafting company, so you’re in for an unforgettable experience. Conveniently located just 30 minutes from Denver, they have rafting adventures based on your skill level on both Clear Creek and the Arkansas River. While you are enjoying a thrilling adventure down the river rapids, be sure to stay on the lookout for Rocky Mountain wildlife!
5. Rocky Mountain Whitewater Rafting
Rocky Mountain Whitewater Rafting offers some of the best rafting trips on Clear Creek. The company’s experienced guides have national and international experience, including Class II-V rapids, and they’re just under an hour west of Denver in Idaho Springs.
What To Pack for Your Colorado Whitewater Rafting Trip
Luckily, your guides will be well-equipped with everything you need, but it’s up to you to make sure you’ve dressed appropriately for your whitewater rafting excursion.
- Sunscreen. No matter the temperature in Denver, the sun is strong enough to give you a sunburn. Lather up before and during any breaks!
- Comfortable, secure footwear. You need to help keep yourself in the raft. This means no slip-on footwear that can easily fall off. A pair of breathable sneakers are best.
- A bathing suit. You’ll definitely be getting wet on your whitewater rafting trip, so you need a base layer, but you’ll also want to take a dip in the water after all that paddling!
- Layers of activewear. These should be synthetic materials like poly/lycra blend to protect you from the sun rays. Also, you can add or remove a layer depending on the weather.
- You’ll need eye protection to avoid the glare and see where you’re headed as you make your way down the river. Make sure your shades have a strap, so you don’t lose them to the rapids!
- A change of clothes. You most likely want to change into something dry after your trip, especially if it’s a cool day.
Now you’re ready to start planning for your whitewater rafting experience!
Experience Colorado’s World-Class Adventure When You Make Winter Park Home
Winter Park, CO, is the best mountain town near Denver, for good reasons! There are plenty of exciting ways to get outside, from backcountry skiing in the winter to rafting down mighty rivers in the summer. If you’re searching for a thrilling summer activity, look no further than whitewater rafting near Denver! After your day near the city, come back home to Winter Park, Colorado, which offers respite from the hustle and bustle of city life.
Now it’s time to find your perfect home in Grand County! Search our properties to see what homes, townhomes, condos, and land we currently have for sale. We can’t wait to help you find the perfect home in Colorado!