If you are hoping to obtain credit in the near future follow these guidelines to increase your FICO score:
1. Don’t apply for a new credit card of ANY kind.
2. Don’t pay off any collections or charge offs.
3. Don’t close credit card accounts.
4. Don’t max out or over charge credit cards.
5. Don’t consolidate debt on to one or two credit cards.
6. Don’t do anything that will cause a red flag to the scoring system.
7. Do stay current on existing accounts.
8. Do use alternate between credit cards and pay off each month.
9. Do raise your credit limits if possible just don’t max out your cards.
10. Do keep three cards open.05