On August 14, 2010 a crystal clear Colorado day, Peggy Smith and Peter Nelson lost their beloved son Spencer in a tragic climbing accident on the Maroon Bells near Aspen.
On Sunday, August 14, 2011, the one-year anniversary, Peggy and Peter are hosting a Hike for Spencer at Winter Park Resort, as a benefit for the Winter Park Ski Education Foundation-Spencer Nelson Memorial Fund. Their goal is to have over 1,000 hikers participate, to raise support on behalf of Grand County youths for Competition Center program fees, ski equipment and travel.
Choose from three hike levels, easy to more difficult:
Pre-events Saturday, 8/13/2011
– Pre-party/Beer Festival at Hideaway Park
– Early registration 6-8p.m at Mary Jane Base
– Camping open at Mary Jane Base C-Lot
– Bonfire at 8 p.m.
– Hike Registration 8-10 a.m. at Mary Jane Base
– Barbecue Lunch & Music – 1p.m. at Mary Jane base
Please Join Us In Celebrating a Life Well Lived!
Register online at HikeForSpencer … and help Peggy and Peter keep Spencer’s legacy alive!